Sr. Mechanical Engineer (New Product Development)
Posting ID: 7367523
Senior Engineer needed, New Product Development!
* Work as a key member of the project team in the design, development and analysis of medical devices or surgical instrumentation products, materials, processes, or equipment.
* Work cooperatively on a cross functional development team under the guidance of the project manager - compile, analyze, and report operational, test data and other pertinent information to establish and verify performance standards for newly designed and/or modified products, processes, or materials
* Create innovative concepts, designs and approaches for new products, processes and test methods
* Translate customer needs into product development requirements and specifications
* Coordinate the design, procurement, and fabrication of tooling and fixturing
* Generate tolerance analysis studies, component drawings and inspection methods
* Develop, direct, and analyze engineering verification tests and mechanical analyses
* Successfully complete design control product development tasks including: writing and/or verifying specifications; creating and maintaining product and process documentation; creating design failure modes and effects analyses; testing processes, equipment, raw materials and products; and validating equipment and test methods
* Prepare and analyze engineering reports to document and communicate results of product testing and verification/validation activities
* Mentor/train junior level engineering staff and technicians on new processes and test procedures
* Interface with clients during project team meetings
* BS in an Mechanical Engineering/Bio-medical Engineering or a Technical Field
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the product development of medical devices
* Working knowledge of medical device ISO, cGMP, and QSR standards
* Understanding of machining, injection molding and extrusion methods in relationship to medical device product development is a plus
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
* Proficient with SolidWorks
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Cristina Flores
Phone: (585) 350-2738