Full Stack Java Engineer (w2 Contract)
Posting ID: 7304256
Our client, a leading investment bank, is seeking a Mid to Senior level Java developer to join their team for a long term contract.
Candidates must be eligible to work on a W2 basis. No C2C options at this time
The FX eDistribution team is a key part of the wider eFX department and is responsible for visual channels and their supporting technology. Based in Toronto, London, China, New York and Poland the team maintains and extends a suite of HTML5 and Java-based eCommerce applications used both internally by FX Sales and externally by the banks Customers. Our group are building the next generation digital platform for Global Banking and Markets. We are changing how software development is done within a bank, and with success (Last year delivered over 10,000 releases to production). Our current focus has been on Cash FX execution, now we are broadening our scope to other asset classes such as FX Options, Fixed Income, Equities. The successful candidate undertaking this role will join the team as a developer and will work with other team-members to design, develop, test and release the various HTML5 and Java (server side).
As a developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
* Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
* Fully browser test any implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
* Forward thinking for other devices and required accessibility.
* Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
* Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
* Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
* Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
* Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We work in small iterative cycles and typically release software daily to production.
* Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support. Everyone.
* Participate in intra-day and overnight Support.
* Demonstrable experience of Continuous Delivery software development methods, including TDD and automated testing (including non-functional testing).
* Java server side development experience is essential.
* The successful candidate Is likely to have worked with these technologies as a minimum: Java 8, Maven, AngularJS, React, RequireJS, gulp, grunt, less
* Experience of SQL and relational databases is essential and experience of Sybase is advantageous.
* Experience of working in unix environments is essential.
* Experience of REST services is advantageous.
* How to write Technical documentation
* How to liaise effectively with users - in this role this will be with sales, traders and quants.
* Front Office development team in Large Investment Bank, supporting global trading desk
* A background of solid architectural work
* Spot / FWD / NDF FX market conventions
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Caitlyn Lopacinski