Agile Transformation Architect
Posting ID: 7302268
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values- relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
We are looking for a SAFe Program Consultant / Architect to join our team. This is an FTE position that requires travel, leadership and customer facing as well as developing solutions.
Agile Transformation Architect
The Agile Practice Architect (PA-II) position is a leadership position in the organization that is responsible for managing multiple Agile consulting and delivery projects and account teams/programs. The Agile PA-II provides consulting and delivery assurance of Agile services for clients through a range of internal and external functions in the following areas: Consulting, Account Interaction, Service Delivery and Practice Delivery responsibilities. The position of Agile PA-II is distinguished from more senior Practice Architect positions by the nature of the engagements or programs involved; deal sizes range from transactional solutions of < $1M to multi-year outsourcing solutions of > $20M. As a senior member, an AGILE PA-II is expected to have the experience and background to perform all the duties described below for engagements that are focused on consulting/delivery management within the defined subject matter area, including resource management, deliverables development, project planning and executions, adherence to contract attributes and costing, customer interaction, and other key aspects of solution-based managed services. For an AGILE PA-II, these engagements will typically be delivered for a North America customer or at the customer location, usually North American based. They are expected to have adequate level skills required for complex deliverable-based, fully outsourced, or extremely large-scale engagements or programs and lead the delivery effort to a larger cross-functional project/program.
Agile Solution Delivery
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' business requirements and their technical requirements based upon the developed solution and agreed statement of work (SOW).
- Understand, develop, and mature the solution design by collaborating with customers and stakeholders to manage their expectations and resolve project, stakeholder, and delivery issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitate internal communication and coordinate the assembly of a delivery team for new engagements to include practice support, delivery (regional and/or practice), and account team members.
- Consolidate delivery status and agreed costing information across the project stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery escalation procedures are addressed and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
- Implement knowledge management strategy and communicate process and procedures for knowledge transfer from sales/solutions to delivery.
- Perform delivery risk and issue management and facilitate issue resolution with proper notification to all affected parties.
- Identify and coordinate the delivery change control process.
Agile Practice & Product Line Management
- Perform periodic project/program analysis, product line review, and product line "health checks" with practice and delivery resources.
- Examine customer reference-ability and establish on-going relationships with the customer and account team members.
- Refine practice pipeline and product line attributes based upon metrics and analysis as well as overall fit within the marketplace and technological changes.
- Support the development and execution of an Account Strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Capture, develop, and refine intellectual property (IP) based upon projects, programs, and engagements; develop IP to be reusable for future training and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate subject matter material with team members for development of best practices for product lines and delivery improvements.
- Understand and manage customer requirements (delivery and environmental factors) to ensure contract understanding and acceptance for deliverables, cost, contract type, timeline, risk and assumptions, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure delivery methodology is understood by team from project initiation to project closeout; sales/solution to delivery knowledge transfer.
- Financial and contractual responsibility for engagement profitability.
- Maintain awareness for additional business opportunities and support pursuit of future business through quality results and escalation to internal stakeholders when additional business opportunities may present themselves.
- Ensure delivery management methodology is followed on all client opportunities.
- Mentor, manage and develop product/project team members. Team size varies from 3 team members up to >10 team members.
- Conduct annual reviews and provide feedback throughout the year on employee performance where required.
- Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and executed according to internal and consultant HR policies.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- SPCT certification preferred but not required. Must meet certification requirements.
- 15+ years' experience in information technology and/or professional services, with emphasis on Agile.
- Experience in delivering Agile projects/programs, delivering and administrating client professional services agreements including the change management process.
- Frequent interactions with external customers at the Director level or above; normal level of interactions is the CXO level; established consulting and interpersonal skills with 15+ years' experience
- Executive Leadership coaching to understand how to implement SAFe in their vertical
- Coordination and coaching of the Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE) to ensure transformation objectives are achieved
- Coaching of SAFe principles during Train/team launches to ensure success
- Working with executives and OCM resources to communicate and reinforce the transformation
- 15+ years in IT service management/project management delivering projects/programs and daily delivery/consulting oversight within a professional services environment or equivalent, relevant experience in managing resources in Agile environment.
- IT Experience: Consultant, Architect, Enterprise Architect, Business Analyst, Development, or other IT experience.
- Must be SPC Certified. Proven Agile consulting, coaching and transformation experience in small to medium businesses. Agile tools (VersionOne, Rally, JIRA, etc.)
- Sufficient understanding of Services Outsourcing, PMI PMBOK. PMP, IAOP (Outsourcing Professional). SAFE Practitioner.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience, and the ability to carefully walk a user through problem resolution steps either remotely or in person.
- "Embrace the Unknown" ability - be able to research and self-learn new concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the technical team.
- Expert in handling incidents/change requests ranging from at all levels of complexities with the instinctive ability to identify when to escalate an issue to the next level of support.
- Ability to prioritize/assign tasks, for themselves and/or more junior team members, in the most effective manner in order to deliver solutions in a timely manner of high quality.
- Ability to effectively document/design complex software design approaches and suggests alternative solutions.
- Ability to mentor junior team members effectively.
- Ability to report team metrics of tasks assigned/completed (when applicable).
- Proactive attitude.
- Very good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with customers.
- Team player and ability to work individually.
- Able to work in a diversified environment.
- Fast learner.
- Travel within Canada the US and India may need to travel up to 25% as needed;
303 843 3764
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Chas Bollow