Motor Controls Software Developer
Posting ID: JP-001974420
• Support the design and development activities of motor control electronics through all stages of the product development life-cycle.
• Participate in designing motor control electronics ranging from low voltage DC products to 120/240Vac line powered products and including 480Vac industrial products. Typical design tasks include writing design specifications, performing design analysis and simulations, capturing circuit schematics, participating in design reviews, guiding the PCB layout process, creating BOMs and assembly drawings, and overseeing prototype, engineering validation, design verification, and agency certification phases of projects
• Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
• Implement Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specific hardware or software feature requirements in the existing and new products
• Create and maintain project documentation – design requirements, Billing of Materials (BOMs), test procedures, drawings, Software documentation, test reports and manuals
• Work with manufacturing to introduce designs into production on schedule, including creation of test specifications and collaboration on test equipment
• Work with PCB designers to ensure schematic, part library, component placement and trace routing are done correctly
• Work with software, mechanical, motor design, and application groups to optimize product designs for low cost and high quality
• Work with the quality group to support failure analysis and recommend design and process changes to improve product quality
Microcontroller, Embedded software, Rtos, Matlab
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-5+ years experience
-Motor control development
-Algorithm development experience
• Experience in the fundamentals of AC electric motors, drive systems analysis, modeling and control
• Experience in developing algorithms for variable frequency drive products; a demonstrated understanding and application of vector control, field-oriented control, and sensor-less software algorithms for Surface Permanent Magnet (SPM) and Interior Permanent Magnet (IPM) Brushless synchronous motors.
• Experience in power electronics products; inverters, dc-dc converters and switching power supplies
• Working knowledge in the design of conditioning and sensing circuitry for adjustable speed drives
• Proficient in developing embedded code in C and assembly
• Experienced in SCR, TRIAC, IGBT and MOSFET technology
• Working knowledge of gate driver circuits for IGBTs, MOSFETs and fly-back power converter topologies
• Experience working with voltage levels, protection, and component selections up to 480Vac
• Familiar with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVMs, signal generators, power supplies and other standard EE lab equipment.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Cary, Morgan