Posting ID: 7373540
Process biological samples to test for COVID. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp, "Improving Health, Improving Lives", as we combat the COVID-19 pandemic. The role focuses primarily on COVID-19 PCR testing in the Molecular department of our Clinical Laboratory, where you will perform both automated and manual testing with the overall goal of providing results that will be used for the diagnosis and management of COVID-19. Ultimately, these test results will be studied to better understand the virus in hopes of developing better treatments, and a future vaccine.
* Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
* Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to SOPs
* Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
* Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
* Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
* Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
* Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
* Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
* Assist with processing of specimens when needed
* Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
* Previous experience in a clinical laboratory is preferred
* ASCP or AMT certification is a plus
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment
* Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
* High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
* Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
* Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Colin Gunby