Engineer Technologist II
Posting ID: 7304446
Aerotek is currently seeking an Engineering Technologist II for a long term opportunity with a reputable engineering firm in the Charlotte, NC area. This is an opportunity to support the power delivery/power distribution industry. Qualified candidates will have the following experience:
Job Description and Qualifications:
This position falls within the Distribution Engineering and Design Department of the organization. The successful technician will work on projects that support a large utility customer.
- Associate or Bachelor of Science in CAD, Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering Technology or design related degree program
- 2+ years of experience performing drafting/design for the underground/overhead utilities industry
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks or MicroStation is required
- Perform engineering calculations such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker
- Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
- Technicians will support major distribution projects for the utility industry and will utilize Small World for GIS work and BOUD for drafting/design work
- Each project will include preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and ROW acquisition, development of BOM, estimating costs, etc.
- The utility is upgrading their distribution infrastructure and the engineering firm has the contract
- Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Sarah Kuck
Phone: (410) 567-1324