Posting ID: 7299963
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Continuous Improvement operating framework.
This includes managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
* Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets for the designated shift.
* Provide direct supervision of hourly union employees to include: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
* Driving Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality culture by protecting employee's health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules, meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regards to safety procedures and supporting plant EHS and Quality initiatives as required.
* Accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage, monitoring general performance and behaviour of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Maintenance, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
* Utilize Kronos Timekeeping System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately.
* Regularly cascading and communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews consistently and accurately.
* Fostering positive employee relations, including properly interpreting and administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
* Investigate and identify root cause of Safety, Quality and environmental incidents utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
* Comply with all company and plant rules.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Ryan Wilkinson