Field Service Representative
Posting ID: 7342273
Acelity is seeking a self-motivated and first-class communicator for a Field Services Representative opportunity. This position is directly responsible for serving the needs of our healthcare clients, inclusive of the delivery, pickup and maintenance of cutting edge medical device equipment. The Field Service Representative will interface with Acelity customers on a daily basis and is responsible for building, cultivating and maintaining superior customer relationships.
Further responsibilities include performing and assisting in maintaining inventory of products, parts, disposables and supplies. Additional Field Service Representative responsibilities include the cleaning, processing and quality control of medical device equipment, general housekeeping of facility and loading and unloading of equipment in company vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Interacts with customers to include patients and hospital staff on a regular basis.
* Provides superior customer service with customer centric solutions
* Prepares medical device equipment, disposables and documentation for delivery.
* Performs inventory on assets, parts, disposables and supplies.
* Cleans, disinfects and performs quality control checks on medical device equipment.
* Performs inventory on assets, parts, disposables and supplies. Locates missing & misplaced equipment as needed.
* Processes documentation for delivery and pickup of products.
* Order management to include timely closing of orders on computer or other company issued equipment.
* Maintains vehicle appearance and ensures routine maintenance is completed and recorded as required by policy & procedure.
* Loads & unloads medical equipment.
* Performs basic troubleshooting.
* Assists with process training when applicable.
* Performs basic housekeeping duties within facility.
* Responsible for following work and safety instructions.
* Conforms to and supports Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
* High School diploma or equivalent education required.
* 2+ years of work experience in service related field required.
* Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and pass MVR review.
* Ability to work non-traditional work schedule, which may include extended hours including evenings, weekends and participate in on-call duties.
* Ability to travel by commercial air service to attend training and other scheduled business functions.
* Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position through fitness testing as required in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Jon DeRoss
Phone: (631) 760-3179