Project Administrator / Coordinator
Posting ID: 7341488
- This position is responsible for project set-up, monitoring the progress of the project and Customer billing. This person will work closely with Project Managers and with customers ensuring the project is completed on time. This role has responsibility for working with a multiple project portfolio of less than $5,000,000, subcontracts of less than $250,000 and project values of less than $750,000, issuing 1 or 2 subcontracts per project where the company is normally a subcontractor.
- This position is responsible for setting up large complex projects, and seeing project through to full completion. Additionally this role is required to closely interact with assigned project staff, project managers, and customers communicating project related information and updates.
- This role has responsibility for working with a project portfolio greater than $5,000,000, subcontract values are unlimited, project values greater than $750,000, issuing multiple subcontracts as a project requires
- Education/Experience:A degree in Construction Management or equivalent; or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office products. Prior experience in general accounting, project scheduling and Federal Government Contracting preferred. Familiarity with the installation and operations of Energy Management Systems, HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls is a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and comprehend construction contracts terms and conditions. Ability to write professional business correspondence. Can effectively prepare and deliver information in formal presentations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to work with large dollar amounts and to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - Valid Drivers License.
- Major Job Duties and Responsibilities: Over see large projects to ensure contract compliance and successful completion. Meet with customers regarding project update and schedules. Must be capable of reviewing and understanding terms and conditions of large projects. Assists with the accurate and timely recording of project costs. Schedule and participate in internal project team meetings to ensure accurate transfer of information. Provides support and training of Expedition software.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction schedules.* Monitors and adjusts AIA schedule of values. Provides assistance in forecasting of corporate revenue projection. Evaluate and report on potential contractors financial status, experience and safety history.
- Communicate project concerns with Project Manager and legal staff. Validates cost to date and reconciles project data in business system. Coordinates with various staff for accurate and timely recording of project costs, including time sheets, daily reports, etc. Other duties as assigned.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Donavan Hartman