Posting ID: 7307951
Person in this position will troubleshoot, repair, and install manufacturing, facilities, and distribution equipment. The major responsibilities cover the most significant duties but do not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the normal duties assigned to this position.
(Responsibilities listed below cover some of the significant duties performed, but do not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.)
* Troubleshoot and repair inoperative equipment returning it to proper working order in a minimum amount of time.
* Fabricate parts or make repairs using standard shop equipment. Standard shop equipment should include but not be limited to lathe, milling machine, welding equipment, band saw, dripp press, and grinders.
* Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on facility and plant equipment following written procedures and maintaining proper records.
* Document maintenance activities on printed work orders and electronic notifications within the SAP system. Use SAP to find necessary replacement parts within the stockroom.
* Assist in project work such as equipment installation, upgrades, and modifications.
* Attend necessary operations and safety training classes.
* Support continuous improvement efforts by submitting ideas and performing team tasks.
* Perform mathematical computations to determine voltage, current, and resistance in electrical systems.
* Layout and perform plant electrical wiring and repair in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
* Calibrate heat controllers, pressure gauges, and other process measurement equipment.
* Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Two year associate degree in a mechanical, electrical, or other maintenance related field is preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent with certifications or licenses in related mechanical, electrical, or maintenance disciplines is required.
* Two years experience in industrial maintenance or equivalent technical training is required.
* English: Proficient in reading, writing and verbal communication.
* Applicant must be able to read mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics.
* Applicant must be familiar with shop equipment and safety procedures.
* Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of electrical systems including: power and control wiring, AC and DC motors, and electrical components.
* Applicant must have a thorough understanding of electrical codes and safety procedures.
* Applicant must have normal color perception.
* Applicant must have a valid driver's license from a state within the US.
* Applicant must be able to operate the following: multimeter, amp probe, megohmmeter, calibration equipment, lathe, milling machine, drill press, plasma cutter, band saw, forklift, pipe bending equipment, pipe cutter/threader, grinder, cut off saw, metal shears, welding equipment, small power and hand tools, micrometers, depth gauges, dial and digital calipers, and computers.
* SAP and Office tools; basic math skills.
*more electrical is better, allen Bradley PLC's preferred, or relay/ladder logic but troubleshooting knowledge is preferred.
Should have knowledge of working with VFD's and drives.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Tyler Johnson
Phone: (919) 379-8317