Senior Business Analyst
Posting ID: 7307783
Senior Business Analyst for IIT
Proven experience with complex concepts, practices, and procedures within the IT industry. Relies on advanced experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works independently and cooperatively with management and stakeholders. Understands business objectives and problems, identifies alternative solutions, performs studies and cost/benefit analysis of alternatives. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system: Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements, such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer program. Reviews computer system capabilities, specifications, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system. Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or specifications as required. Prepares specifications to detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system. Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs. Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development. Upgrades system and corrects errors to maintain system after implementation. May assist computer programmer in resolution of work problems related to project specifications, or programming. May direct and coordinate work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs. Provides technical assistance and support for applications and hardware problems and for information sharing with external entities in a customer service environment. Provides field coordination and planning for the effective use of management information systems. Determines operational, technical, and support requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of various office equipment and systems. Prepares charts, diagrams, tables, and flowcharts. Details input and output record formats for computer programs. Assists in formulating logical descriptions of problems and devising optimum solutions. Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of various computer applications. May provide support and make recommendations for information technology systems processes associated with software technology planning, development, implementation, system security, and interfaces.
- -Ability to facilitate meetings with end-users and development teams to develop and document requirements.
- -Ability to translate complex, technical documents into business-friendly materials
- -Ability to conduct necessary research and analysis to evaluate solution options, cost/benefit analyses, risk and security assessments techniques
- -Experience with building new programs and/or applications, organizational development, and securing "buy-in" from multiple stakeholders
- -Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build consensus and effective teams
- -Adaptable and able to work independently with limited supervision
- -Familiarity with public sector requirements of Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act
- -Experience working with State and/or Local entities
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting complex documentation (e.g. legal and technical documents)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Jacob Faustyn
Phone: (616) 974-1942