Assistant Project Manager
Posting ID: 7307900
EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Manager at the client's site in the formulation and validation of project work plans, will monitor and influence the performance of the planning, engineering, design, and construction efforts in accordance with the plans, and will assist in data gathering and analysis for the reporting on the project progress, scheduled deliverables, and budget. They will work under the supervision and guidance of higher level Assistant Project Managers and Project Managers at client site.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make recommendations to the Project Manager for the avoidance or correction of deviations from the plan
- Assess inter-project dependencies and gauge impact and risk
- Recommend appropriate action to the Project Manager to minimize negative effects
- Assist the Project Manager in developing and scoping documents, deliverables, and cost estimates
- Independently coordinate activities required for successful installation of assigned projects under supervision of Project Managers
- Holds contractors accountable for the system safety process
- Develop, review and coordinate the project, schedule, budget, tools, and staff
- Coordinate with supply chain to make sure materials and equipment are delivered to the project per the schedule
- Coordinate construction activities with the construction management organization
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Project Management, or Engineering from ABET accredited university
- Eight+ years of experience in project management with capital projects
- Eight+ years of experience interfacing with engineering procurement and construction personnel
- Eight+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Requisite Abilities and Skills:
- Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, show capable of having organizational and planning skills, as well as having an aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Team player with ability to work in a highly cross-functional and virtual environment
- Ability to plan, set, and achieve goals
- Superior level of personal character and integrity
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
Recruiter: Alicia Naples
Phone: (614) 741-8578