Posting ID: 7301344
Desktop Support Engineer Responsibilities:
Top technical skills
- Windows OS Troubleshooting/administration
- PowerShell scripting
- SCCM administration
- Application Packaging/Patching
- Active Directory troubleshooting
* Supporting all aspects of the end user experience including hardware, remote access, software installation and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and be proficient at problem solving and customer service. Investigate, analyze and resolve software, hardware and network connectivity problems.
- Must work with Support Center analysts and Desktop Technicians to understand workstation support needs. Resolve calls that have been escalated to the Team; assume responsibility for client's workstation support; provide remote controlled workstation support services. Use of a Support Ticketing System to ensure all details of work performed is captured.
- Responsible for all work in progress assigned to ensure completion of tasks and proper communications with clients; Record all support activities for proper measurement of support provided.
- Works effectively with internal IT team, external IT teams, business functions and external vendors and partners to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Ability to translate and communicate to client's technical terms into non-technical language; understanding of computer terms and acronyms; ability to learn new processes and procedures.
- Must enjoy solving a wide variety of problems on a continual basis. Skills and experiences with the use of technology in a business environment, including exposure to Help Desk Support, networks, and application environments.
- Must be adaptable; learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource for others and move fluidly between different project responsibilities.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with company Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Ability to ascertain the criticality of incoming requests and take initiative to resolve problems to assure tasks are completed in the most effective manner; fundamental understanding of word processing, spreadsheet and terminal emulation products to properly diagnose problems.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance and data security.
- Produce and maintain required technical documentation associated with solutions produced.
* Must have a broad knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux based Systems.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Windows 10, MacOS, Linux, Active Directory, Wise Package Studio, Symantec Management Platform, VB .net, C#, Visual Basic Script, PowerShell, VMWare, Microsoft Office 365 in an Exchange environment required, MS AutoPilot, MS SQL, Beyond Trust , Bomgar, NexThink.
* Data aggregation, analysis, interpretation and presentation from different systems.
* Knowledge of Windows registry, DLLs, and other internal functional mechanics.
A successful candidate must be a proficient IT Desktop Support professional with 8 or more years of experience or hold a BS or MS in Computer Science, possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Joseph Dunham