Posting ID: 7303377
Our client currently has a need for a Devops/Containers Engineer to work out of their Reston, VA HQ.
The Containers Engineer opening is a full-time position with responsibilities for handling the deployment, support, and development of their OpenShift product offering as well as other Kubernetes/Container based platforms. The engineer will work with other cloud engineers to maintain and support Openshift and other container platforms and provide support to customers and their managed environments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a repository of Microservices through OpenShift pods
- Support integration of OpenShift and CloudForms or other self-service portals
- Support infrastructure automation with tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc…
- Assist with integration to monitoring & reporting tools such as Splunk, Zabbix, etc…
- Work with internal teams and clients to ensure systems are effectively integrated, configured, managed and supported in pre-production and production
- Implement system and application monitoring for custom requirements and application uptime with the intent of maximizing platform reliability
- Troubleshoot and analyze system issues, delving into hardware, networks, application, and storage/DB layers as needed
- Participate in lifecycle management lifecycle management of the Linux OS platform and applications including Puppet, Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat CloudForms, and OpenShift as well as future applications
- Work with the security team to patch and remediate security findings as they are identified and in a timely manner based on severity
- Experience with OpenStack, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker or other container/PaaS technologies
- Ability to work in an open team environment
- Ability to self-motivate and drive a project to a timely completion
- Have effective verbal and non-verbal communication with vendors, peers, and clients
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet/Chef
- The ability to troubleshoot across software, hardware, and code
- System provisioning and lifecycle management; experience with Red Hat Satellite
- BS in Computer Science or related experience
- 5 or more years' experience working in Linux environments with Containers
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Mitch Dempsey