Posting ID: JP-001971115
Lab Technician opening with a food company in Manteca, CA! Great way to gain experience on resume and get foot in the door with a scientific food company!
Pay to start: 15 hourly
Shift: Day shift, 6 am to 2:30 pm Open to overtime / working holidays
This position reports to the FSQ Lab Supervisor and is
responsible for the execution and coordination of various lab testing and
inspection routines, according to specified procedures for ingredients and
finished products to verify that food safety and quality specifications are
- Execute microbiological testing procedures for verifying commercial sterility of finished products.
- Execute Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Coordinate storage, organization and shipment of finished product samples.
- Execute Water Testing Program.
- Execute Sensory Program for finished products.
- Create COA and execute communication process for finished products release.
- Coordinate verification, calibration routines and maintenance program for laboratory equipment and instruments across all labs.
- Develop and validate testing methods for raw and finished products.
- Coordinate external lab testing programs.
- Provide support and execute positive release process for finished products.
- Provide contribution towards root cause analysis and customer complaint investigations.
- Support the laboratory operations through functions such as cleaning, organizing, filing of laboratory records, retrieving test results, etc.
- Ensure all records and documents are complete, legible and accurate, and executed with required information in accordance with company's procedures.
- Provide contribution towards maintenance and improvement of FSQ documentation practices.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and housekeeping of FSQ Lab area.
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset, identify and contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Order and perform inventory control for supplies and reagents.
- Ensure that required competencies to carry out these job functions affecting product legality, safety and quality are met in accordance with the Quality Policy and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard.
- Ensure compliance with corporate/plant safety standards and with applicable regulatory requirements while following the company’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other food safety and quality execution and improvement duties as assigned.
- Degree in science
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally.
- Ability to document, describe and interpret records and documented specifications.
- Ability to enforce company procedures and policies.
- Ability to document inspection findings legibly and with accuracy.
- BSc in Food Science or other scientific related field i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.
- At least 1 year of experience in laboratory function within food, beverage, chemical or pharma industry.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Callye Lahmann