I/O Field Service
Posting ID: JP-002020648
Our client is providing Engineering Service solutions to some of the largest distribution centers nationwide including Amazon, FedEx, UPS etc. and 2021 is set to be the biggest year yet. They are looking to add a Field Service Technician who can consult, install and troubleshoot electrical systems for a variety of conveyor equipment and travel to various sites 3-6 weels at a time.
- The main function of the candidate will be to make sure all systems have been properly installed and functioning per our detailed checklist of specifications and before the clients engineering teams begin final commissioning
- Working with electromechanical troubleshooting and installing as well as maintenance experience on customer's equipment
- They will be checking mechanical, electrical and basic PLC functionality on a variety of customer sites
- Will be following the install team to make sure the conveyors and other system components are working properly
- They will be doing visual inspections, troubleshooting and performing I/O check out
- This is not a report writing job, or an issue escalation job, the candidate will be expected to identify, fix and report any issues in the moment
- Candidate must possess strong electrical knowledge of up to
- 480 V and strong mechanical skills
- Experience in working with computer-controlled machines (e.g. production or packaging etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical codes (NEC)
- 1-2 years minimum of experience as an Electronics Technician or similar function requiring Electronics Technician competencies
- Proficient in electrical/electronic systems/troubleshooting
- Ability to work and troubleshoot PLC's, ladder logic, and communication systems
- Associates Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
This role is primarily traveling to different customer worksites where you will be representing the client. You will be working hand and hand with the client's install team as well as people from the client. These positions are for road warriors that are comfortable working 60 plus hour week
and potentially through weekends.
This career opportunity will require about 80% travel and costs are covered by client's expense with daily per diem included. Overtime is frequent while traveling typically 60 hours. For more information on this opportunity please apply now or call Rebekah at 402-499-5643.
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Rebekah Land