Posting ID: JP-002016115
The certified medical assistant provides quality medical care to substance-dependent and dually-disordered patients within the scope of practice, medical professional directive, and program specific expectations.
Will work in clinic to support 1 provider in-person and virtually.
• Rooming 13-16 patients per day - in-person and virtually
• Patient clinical assessment
• Medication reconciliation
• Medical History taking
• Observed collection of urine specimens
• Call in prescriptions for patients
• Maintain prescription records and handle refill requests
• Manage patient health concerns and coordinate care with LMP
• Record information in electronic medical record;
• Administer and review PPD (Tuberculosis testing for purified protein derivative).
• Collect venipuncture specimens
• Conduct CLIA-waived tests (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) including pregnancy, presence of adulterants, drug screens, HIV rapid test, etc.
• Process, package and ship urine, blood and/or other biologic specimens according to established laboratory processes.
• Assist in the management of population health as directed by Medical Director, Program Physician or Program Director.
• Perform patient care activities within scope, according to licensed medical professional’s patient care instructions, medication orders, and other established patient care orders.
• Recognize and initiate appropriate response to crisis or emergency situations.
• Provide care coordination as needed.
• Work collaboratively with clinical and medical teams to ensure that safety and industry standards are maintained program wide.
• Schedule appointments as necessary.
• Provide on-site education to potential and existing provider partners and clinic staff.
• Provide services strictly adhering to Good Clinical Practices.
• Participate in team meetings and team activities.
• Achieve outcomes using methods that align with CODA’s mission and values
Medical, Epic, Cma, Emr, Bls, Insurance verification, Rma, Cpr, Customer service, Recovery
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Medical Assisting Experience (open to just externship experience - preferably the more green on MA experience, the more life/other job experience they want to see i.e. volunteered at homeless shelter, worked at long term care clinic, etc.)
• MA Cert (AAMA, NCCT, RMA)
• CPR Certification (need within 90 days of hire)
• Crisis prevention certification (such as CPI - within 90 days of hire)
• Completion of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations training (within 2 weeks of employment)
• Must be able to work autonomously and take initiative
• Experience balancing rooming patients, taking vitals, taking phone calls, working with lab and pharmacy, along with other administrative duties
• EMR/EHR experience - open to software (CODA uses Avatar)
• Strong computer and MS Office skills
• Experience/ability to work with difficult or upset patients by providing compassion and still holding firm boundaries with them
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Sammantha Hopkins