Posting ID: JP-002021194
Position Title: Mechanical Technician
We are looking for either a 2nd or 3rd shift hire. For the first 2-3 months of this assignment, training will take place on 1st shift - when training is completed, worker will be moved to applicable shift.
* 2nd shift hours will be from 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
* 3rd shift hours will be from 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
Modify, test and repair machinery and equipment under direction of engineering staff or physical scientists. Typically has a degree in engineering technology and experience with engineering computer applications. Helps engineers design, test, and manufacture industrial machinery, consumer products and other equipment. Possesses technical skills, including the ability to apply and make engineering drawings and has experience using computer applications related to the engineering field.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities for this position includes the following:
* Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors
* Draft detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet or wood shops
* Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems such as redesign
* Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements fabrication, assembly and testing
* Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate corrections
* Inspect lines and figures for clarity and return erroneous drawings to designer for correction
* Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills
Technician, Mechanical Aptitude, Automotive Technician, Engineering Mechanical, Automotive Assembly, Engine, Engine Diagnostics, Engine Maintenance, Troubleshooting
Top Skills Details:
If you work on vehicles, tear apart and rebuild engines we want to talk to you!
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
2 Year Degree Required OR must be enrolled and completing within 6 months * Automotive Technology or Electronics Degrees preferred * Entry level - 2 years experience required * Highly Preferred if someone has engine troubleshooting technician exp *
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Zachary Tufte
Phone: (651) 605-7592