Senior Network Engineer
Posting ID: JP-001978221
Our client is in need of two Sr Network Engineers. These engineers will be on a project team- 80% will be project based and 20% operational.
- Replacing all Cisco Gear
-Data Center Consolidation-
-Ongoing projects with Layer 2 routing- must have strong experience with this.
Day to day responsibilities:
· Project Based position primarily
· New route switch project implementation
· Ticket resolution from helpdesk for network-related instances; responding to networking problems, down networks
· On-call every
7 years relevant work experience (10+ preferred)
Our client is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer who will be responsible for providing support to implement, test, and maintain the hospital's LAN/WAN using third party network management tools assist in the implementation of application programs, ensure network backup and security systems are operative, and enforce network security policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily Network Services activities, included but not limited to server installation network configuration, issue troubleshooting and resolution, software upgrades, network monitoring, performance tuning, IP address assignment, network cabling, enterprise application administration, and documentation updates.
2. Perform network server and infrastructure projects as directed by coordinator.
3. Designs network upgrades or expansions to support hospital growth and resolve issues. Works with networking vendors to obtain quotes. Presents design options and recommendations to IS management.
4. Researches and resolves problems and questions regarding network servers and software used in the Northside network. Works with vendor technical support personnel to resolve production or testing issues.
5. Ensures security policies and procedures are followed by all network users. Notify supervisor or other IS management of suspected risks or actual violations.
6. Network Documentation, Network routing and switching, and turning devices up ensuring connectivity has been established.
Cisco, Palo Alto, BGP, OSPF, ACI, VXLAN, FIREWALL
Top Skills Details:
Top skills necessary:
· *Cisco Network route/ switch protocol and command lines
· * Heavy routing experience a must/Layer 2- Routing Protocols
· * BGP
· * OSPF
- Documentation and maintenance of operating procedures
- ACI (nice to have/ bonus)
· Wireless (nice to have/ bonus)
· Palo Alto firewalls (nice to have/ bonus)
Routing/Switching Guru with firewall experience.
The first few days/week- will have to come onsite to get equipment/ & work onsite & remote
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Data Center consolidation- plus
- Problem-solving/ solutioning mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively, must be customer facing (physicians, nurses)
- Must be a team player and have the ability to multi-task
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Estelle Williams