Continuous Improvement Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002023194
Continuous Improvement Manager. Candidate will be the lead and drive process improvements and lean manufacturing systems. Strategies for accomplishing this job will be based on them finding ways to problem solve issues, change management, problem solving, coaching, standardizing work, and visual management.
Primary responsibilities are....
* Collaborate with Site VP, Production Manager, Engineering Management, Machine Shop, and Heat treat department to finds ways to improve systems and processes already in place.
* Provide continuous and consistent message that addresses the employee culture, work instructions/standardization, equipment, best practices, etc....
* Train and coach a cross-functional team in the methodology of Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
* Create a visual information board for the plant to view Layered levels of business activities to promote Accountability to be used daily
* Develop a standardized system for launching new programs
* Analysis of all existing strategies, processes, and practices in order to provide possible solutions and drive change to improve lean manufacturing
* Help improve Bottom Line!!!!!!!
lean, manufacturing, process, improvement, continuous, accountability, strategic, Value, Stream, Mapping, Supply, Chain, promote, benchmark, methodologies
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must Have Qualifications....
* 5 minimum years experience in a continuous improvement role.
* Bachelors Degree....Industrial Engineering would be preferred but open to experience and another type of a degree
* Manufacturing analysis
* MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE FROM A MACHINING ENVIRONMENT
* Must have experience dealing with low volume high mix of parts. They have short runs with lots of change overs. The tough part of this is that they will not have the opportunity to do analysis of high volume of parts that run continuously over several shifts and weeks.
* Knowledge experience....VMS value stream mapping
* knowledge experience with....site integrated performance plans
* LOCAL...not looking for someone to relocate.
* Variation reduction tool knowledge
* Knowledge experience with 6S
* Any certifications that relate to lean manufacturing procedures strategies and processes.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Wirth, Laura