Aerospace Mechanical Assembly Technician $18-$25/hr
Posting ID: JP-002025683
Aerospace Company URGENTLY Hiring Mechanical Assemblers $18-$25/hr. Huge company, great work environment with room for growth
Mechanical Assembly; Ability to Troubleshoot Mechanical Products; Experience working with small parts required.
The Tech I primarily works along-side of and assists Sr. Technicians (Tech II and Tech III) in processing pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electromechanical assemblies for Space, Navy, and/or Aircraft applications. This role assists in the assembly and test of production hardware and their subassemblies, in accordance with schematics and other written and/or verbal specifications. The Tech I will also be actively involved in lock wiring, labeling, capping, and alodining hardware before presentation to Final Inspection.
- Primary duty is to ensure that products perform their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner
- Read, interpret documents (i.e. procedures, schematics/technical drawings, etc.) and use necessary measuring devices/equipment to confirm tooling/fixturing geometries and dimensions, as directed
- Complete work as directed, in compliance with technical specifications and regulatory requirements including mil-specs
- Set up and use electronic instruments, load testing devices, microscopes, various measuring instruments
- Setup and operate tools required for assembly including, but not limited to; standard hand tools, load testing devices, micrometers, depth mics, calipers and microscopes
- Setup and operate equipment required for testing including, but not limited to; multimeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, pressure, gauges and transducers, data recorders, load cells, and flow meters
- Install, operate and maintain high pressure nitrogen, helium and Skydrol test equipment
- Assemble products, install internal components; use arbor press/fixtures; apply lock wire and torque seal
- Conduct function testing, troubleshoot, rework, and document results fully and accurately
- Document and support Lean ideas to improve the efficiencies of the company
- Properly handle and dispose of chemicals used, utilizing proper PPE (as required)
- Understand basic hydraulic concepts and the function of gages, flow meters and assemblies in the hydraulic systems
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability to test repetitive products
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and work with blueprint drawings
- Detail-oriented, with ability to work in a fast paced environment and follow procedures
- Effective verbal/written communication skills required for interacting with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Computer literate, with MS Office experience and basic PC skills
APPLY TODAY & A Recruiter Will Reach Out To Set Up an Interview ASAP!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Wymer, Vincent