Specimen Processor/ Data Entry
Posting ID: 7376669
- Responsible for sample management, clerical, and specimen preparation for the urine toxicology or clinical laboratory.
- Receive, properly sort, handle and accession samples for analysis.
- Review sample requisitions for acceptable criteria and process appropriately.
- Ensure all clinical data is accurately entered into the laboratory information system.
- Enter demographic information on patients into laboratory information system.
- Resolve and document problem samples.
- Troubleshoot and resolve specimen accessioning issues in preparation for specimen analysis.
- Maintains work area and all documents in compliance with protocols, SOP's, COLA/CLIA and CAP regulations or guidelines.
- Adheres to all safety and HIPAA regulations.
- Follows all PPE requirements.
- Maintains work area in a clean and organized condition.
- Ensure that facilities, equipment, and supplies are maintained and used in a safe manner and administered in accordance with applicable safety.
- Occupational health, and environmental protection guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Responsible for reading and keeping up to date with all required SOP's.
- Responsible for completing all required MediaLab continuing education courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to type 35 WPM.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Lindsay Stilley