Automotive Test Technician
Posting ID: 7304633
IMMEDIATE opening for Automotive Tech with auto/diagnostics company in San Jose, CA.
* Understands vehicle technology, including demonstrated good knowledge of electronic control units and diagnosis of same.
* Making vehicle communication recordings of vehicle data when required.
* Performs in-field vehicle VCS testing for bundle requirements.
* Regression testing of existing content.
* Performs in-field vehicle VCS testing for new hardware and products.
* Daily recording of test details on standardized forms dependent on project.
* Daily updating test matrices with tested vehicle information.
* Daily data entry into bug tracking program.
* Verification of defects once resolved.
* Escalating serious problems to appropriate management.
* Interacting with in-house Applications and Software Teams to explain details of problems found (when needed).
* Maintaining good working relationships with field test sites.
* Identifying additional test sites when possible.
* Awareness of work practices SEQ, Quality and E, H & S system requirements, department's objectives and subsequent changes.
Qualifications and Skills
* Experience as qualified automotive repair technician
* Automotive diagnostic experience using scan tools
* Aptitude and willingness to keep abreast of automotive developments and technologies.
* Experience with computer data entry.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience using basic word processing and spreadsheet software
* Basic computer user knowledge
* Recognized Automotive degree, certification, or qualification in Automotive Technology
* Established network of automotive contacts, with a willingness to develop more.
* Automotive diagnostic software testing and troubleshooting.
ANY of the De Anza automotive courses listed below:
AUTO 60B Automotive Electronics
AUTO 60C Automotive Ignition, Fuel and Emission Systems
AUTO 60D Ignition Analysis and Oscilloscope Diagnosis
AUTO 60E Automotive Fuel Injection
AUTO 60G Advanced Scan Tool Diagnosis
AUTO 60H Advanced Drivability and Onboard Diagnostics
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Sara Lakhan