Power Plant Operator
Posting ID: 7299572
Global power company that provides affordable, sustainable energy to 14 countries throughout the world is seeking two Operators to support two large power generation facilities in Southern California. The Plants generate over 500 MW of power.
- Operate the facility in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure Environmental compliance (Air and Water)
- Ensure compliance with NERC and WECC regulations.
- Enforce all safe work practices
- Complete operator rounds and make adjustments as required
- Review water chemistry and taking corrective action as required
- Complete high voltage switching orders in accordance with prudent utility practices
- Assist plant technicians and other personnel in the performance of their duties along with supporting the training and development of the plant technicians
- Interface with contractors and vendors
- Perform root cause analysis
- Work rotating shifts.
- Experience working as an Outside Operator or Control Room Operator.
- Must have experience on power generating facilities ideally producing 50 MW+
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts.
Project duration is expected to last 2-3 years in length. Pay rate will be $40-$45/hr. For immediate consideration, please contact Kai Chauncey (714) 347-1221.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Kai Chauncey