Posting ID: 7374057
** 2-4 years experience
Med Device, Process Validation, 4 year degree, doesn't have to be in Packaging but is a plus, can be Mechanical, BioMed, or have Quality background
* Identify and lead cost reduction opportunities ($100K) in regards to Packaging.
* Provide technical support and training to manufacturing in regards to packaging systems and machinery.
* Prepare packaging validation protocols and reports to support packaging changes.
* Perform packaging validation testing to support changes.
* Lead material qualifications for packaging changes such as resin material changes.
* Create and update packaging specifications for manufacturing.
* Assist in artwork creation and revisions for product packaging.
* Operate various testing apparatus in qualifying packaging changes.
* Create sterilization pallet patterns as well as non-sterile pallet patterns for manufacturing locations.
* Ensure on time delivery to Project Engineering and R&D schedules and plans.
* Prepares monthly progress reports on projects.
* Provides work direction to lab technicians as required.
* Assists in mentoring of junior engineers
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Conduct review meetings with multiple facilities regarding packaging issues.
* Provide support to various departments such as R&D regarding packaging issues.
* Create and update packaging specifications for documentation.
* Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Bachelors Degree Packaging Science, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
Years of Experience
2+ years related experience; medical device, pharmaceutical, or related industry preferred.
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required
* Core Knowledge In:
o Packaging Engineering
o Lab standards
o Packaging materials & sterilization processes
o Root cause analysis / CAPA
o Design Control
* Developing Knowledge In:
o Managed or lead root cause analysis / CAPA
o 6 Sigma and Lean Principals
o Project Management Principals
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to lift 30 pounds
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Tiffany Pesak