Seat Foam Engineer
Posting ID: JP-001969462
The chosen Product Engineer will be responsible for developing new products and sustaining current products for seating within large vehicle and off road vehicles (school bus, motor coach, semi etc). This Product Engineer will be fully responsible for assigned product line(s) from conception through completion. The individual in this role will be responsible for the trim, fabrics, and stitching of the seating for IMMI's products. Any material used and assembled over the seat will subject to quality and craftsmanship reviews from this engineer.
- Manage foam/trim/plastic suppliers to meet program deliverables and resolve open issues
- Lead foam & plastic design & development as per program scope
- Validate the seat comfort, manage open issues & conduct assessments to meet comfort objectives
- Provides alternative design solutions, analyses, justifications and recommendations throughout the development cycle
- Facilitates selection of designs that achieve best possible trade-off of cost, timing, and performance
- Review class A-surfaces for manufacturability & feasibility to eventually transform into foam design
- Lead steps to optimize foam, trim, comfort and craftsmanship
- Ensures that all appropriate tests are performed & recorded (work with inhouse test cell)
- Ensures that product designs meet customer requirements and/or project targets
- Engages with cross functional team to review, revise & communicate designs effectively
- Maintains & updates BOMs throughout the development process
- Implementing lessons learnt as ongoing tasks
product engineer, design, design for manufacturing, plastic, foam, automotive, new product, Trim, Seat, Seating, Restraint, Restraint Systems, Product Development
Top Skills Details:
The chosen candidates must have experience with ground up product/component development as an engineer and experience working within seating in some capacity. These individuals also must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of Product/Design Engineering experience working within seating or with seating components
- Proficiency in SolidWorks of equivalent 3D modeling software
- Experience managing full product lifecyle from initial concept design through manufacturing
WOULD BE NICE:
- Experience with soft plastic/foam development for seating
- Master's Degree in Engineering
Located in Westfield, Indiana
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Speer, Nolan