Associate Scientist - Flow Cytometry
Posting ID: 7304695
The Associate Scientist will be primarily responsible for executing multi parametric flow cytometry based immunophenotyping, analysis of the data and its organization and presentation. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the handling and maintenance of associated materials such as cells and reagents in established and controlled manner to ensure successful outcomes. The successful candidate will execute flow cytometry experiments during analytical method development for QC release and characterization of cell therapy products, maturation of research analytical methodology into development and GMP, and analytical method technology transfer to and from company partners. The Associate Scientist will be responsible to analyze, interpret, and present experimental data, and carefully document resultant information. They will author and review method development reports, test methods and SOPs. The Associate Scientist could work on critical cross-functional projects with the Process Design, Research, Translational Medicine, and/or QC teams to enable manufacturing process, formulation, and drug product development of the company's therapeutics.
- Conduct multicolor flow cytometry experiments to enable routine and non-routine analysis of cellular products
- Perform flow cytometry based analytical method development and qualification to enable product characterization of autologous T cell therapies
- Conduct experiments by rigorously implementing approved protocols and following good documentation practices
- Execute and document cell culture and passaging and banking activities as required
- Plan and execute assigned experiments that support routine development activities and project goals.
- Systematically record data and analyze the results of laboratory operations to ensure compliance to appropriate test methods, specifications, and protocols.
- Participate in analytical method transfer activities to clinical and commercial QC
- Participate in meetings, present data, provide expertise in areas of responsibility and analyze and prepare data for sharing
- Operate and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation that is used routinely in execution of assays
- Support testing as needed to enable process development, innovation and investigations
- Ensure that departmental work areas are maintained per 5S guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 8+ years of industry experience, or advanced degree (MS) in relevant discipline with 6+ years of industry experience or Master's with 4+.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry technology and associated instrumentation
- Knowledge and experience in flow cytometry data analysis using FACSDiva, FlowJo and other relevant softwares
- Experience in cell sorting is a plus
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture including primary T cells
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, data analysis software (e.g. Prism, JMP) and other applications
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Experience and aptitude in working in a multidisciplinary laboratory environment with moderate supervision
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Aaron Allen