Infrastructure Project Manager
Posting ID: JP-002023650
The IT Project Manager (PM) Sr is accountable for the execution of complex Information Technology (IT) projects with high level of risk and complexity, and the execution of moderately complex IT Programs. The PM Sr employs their skills, talents, and knowledge of project management frameworks (e.g. Scrum, waterfall) to assure high quality products are delivered while optimizing the cost and delivery of value. The PM Sr maintains complete transparency on the current state of the project or program, and maintains complete transparency on the forecast cost and delivery. The PM Sr enables stakeholders to make good business decisions based on project and program transparency. As necessary, the PM Sr provides coaching to project team members on the art of project execution as it pertains to the project management framework being utilized, and can coach dysfunctional teams to a state of normal function. The PM Sr enables and promotes team level continuous improvement activities that increase quality and optimize delivery of value.
• Strong knowledge of Waterfall project management principles and practices and a solid understanding of other project delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.
• 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing medium to large, complex projects and 4+ years of IT Infrastructure project management experience
• Strong knowledge in project financial oversight including analyzing labor and non-labor expenditures, projecting future spend, reporting, etc.
• Sufficient level of technical acumen especially in the Infrastructure space to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Proactive and highly professional leader
• Ability to lead and collaborate in high visibility work space with tight deadlines
• Strong analytical, planning, and organization skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Proven ability to lead medium to large-scale projects and/or programs and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
• Excellent oral and written communications skills experience interacting with both business and technology individuals at all levels including the executive
• Strong risk and issue identification, assessment, and mitigation skills
• Experience with multiple project types (e.g., in-house development, vendor, off-shore) is expected.
• Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills across multiple groups and levels of org.
• Strong project financials skills including but not limited to reporting hours(by employees, contractors, statement of work, etc), invoice processing, journal entries, vouchering liabilities, and overall project financials for actuals, budget and forecast
• Must be able to plan, estimate, schedule and trend project as well as estimate, budget and control cost
• Promotes continuous improvement, positive culture
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, OR Associate's degree with 2 years of related technical/project management experience OR High School Diploma/GED with 4 years of related business or technical/project management experience.
Work Experience: Minimum 6 years (in addition to any educational experience in lieu of degree as identified above) IT and Business experience including work in one or more of these areas: project management, Agile Framework, major construction, or engineering.
Required License(s)/Certification(s): Certification aligned with project management discipline.
Project Management, Infrastructure, Budgeting
Top Skills Details:
1. Works independently to verify project scope and determine methods of managing and controlling
2. Plan, estimate, schedule and trend the project
3. Estimate, budget and control project cost
4. Develop, implement and manage quality assurance programs
5. Identify and manage project risk
6. Develop and manage procurement plans
7. Manage Programs
8. Coaches team members on project management skills and techniques
9. Ensures team collaboration, as required, through coaching and development of staff
10. Directs and supervises sub-team project managers.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Physical demand level is Sedentary
1. Experience with multiple project types (e.g., in-house development, vendor, off-shore) is expected.
2. Knowledge and experience using multiple project management frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Waterfall) is expected.
3. Demonstrates an advanced level of experience in project management.
4. Promotes continuous improvement within the project team
5. Communicates effectively with peers, business partners, and upper level management
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Katherine Tobin