Low Voltage Technician
Posting ID: JP-002028052
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting a team of Cable technicians in pulling and terminating voice and data cable for their commercial customers. Eventually, this candidate will move from a cable puller role into a cable technician and then move into learning security installs. This will be a great opportunity for anyone interested in growing their career in the Structured Cabling Industry and becoming a Cable Technician. The project is scheduled for completion at the end of 2021
Day to Day Duties Include:
• Running and pulling of voice and data cable (cat5, ca6, conduit)
• Punching down and terminating of cable on both ends
• Must be comfortable with heights, working on ladders and scissor lifts
OSHA 10 Required
Lift Certification is a plus
cat5, cat6, Terminations, Testing, Cable Pulling, Low Voltage, Electrician, Punchdown, Voice & Data, Testing, Cable Termination, Osha 10, cat6a
Top Skills Details:
(1) Low Voltage - 1 to 3 years’ experience pulling and installing “low voltage cable; including cat 5, cat 6, and conduit
(2) Punch down and terminate – 1 to 3 years’ experience punching down and terminating coax, cat 5/cat6 cable
Cat 5/ Cat6 cable
(3) Customer Service skills – our techs will interact with many different commercial customers. This person needs to be thick-skinned and able to work in high-security environments. The ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner is mandatory.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Great customer service skills. You will be in front of multiple customers per day and may need to defuse customer problems.
*OSHA 10 Required
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Tyler Rowe