Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - PaaS Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002020716
The company is on a multi-year journey to the cloud to modernize key infrastructure and business systems as well as transform how we consume infrastructure services. These programs are in flight now and we have an immediate need for a team member to help drive the Infrastructure and cloud platform components. Working with a team of cloud engineers you will provide designs, implementation through automation, administration, management, performance and capacity planning, and engineering level support for Cloud Infrastructure and Platforms.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will help set the direction for the various solutions in partnership with the Solution Architects and our Developer community. You will be a member of an Agile Development Team that focuses on iterative delivery of new design, capabilities, enhancements, and bug fixes to our enterprise cloud platforms.
As the subject matter expert of Platform as a Service for the Cloud Infrastructure Engineers, you will be reporting to the Director of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering. This position will provide engineering services for cloud platform services such as Azure Data Factory, Database services (SQL, CosmosDB, Oracle), Azure App Services and Function Apps.
• Escalation point for incident support, capacity and performance management, auditing tasks
• Coordination of infrastructure implementations to ensure designs and implementations are done in accordance with enterprise standards
• Interacts and assists with vendor engagements for implementations to ensure design and implementations are executed in accordance with Enterprise standards
• Engage with the operational team for the transition of newly implemented solutions to ensure solutions are successfully operationalized
• Support operational teams in terms of implementation verification, Infrastructure Problem and Risk Management (Input and Resolution)
• Participate as a member of the Engineering team and provide input as it relates to standards and processes
• Participates in the implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures
• Participate in ramp-up activities to determine best practices and standards for enterprise-wide deployment, effectiveness, and operations.
Azure, PaaS, Data Factory, CI/CD, Ansible, Terraform, Microsoft Cloud, Azure app Services, Agile, SAFe
Top Skills Details:
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience designing and administering IT platforms
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Cloud – Azure.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate extremely well with both internal and external stakeholders
• Subject Matter Expert in designing, implementing, and automating the following with Azure:
o Azure Data Factory
o Database Services: SQL, CosmosDB, Oracle
o Data Lake
o Azure App Services
o Function Apps
• Experience with automation methodologies and processes
o Experience with diverse automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps, Azure Automation, Git, GitHub, ServiceNow to automate CI/CD pipelines
o Test driven development and deployment
o Agile, LEAN
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Curious and driven to acquire new skills autonomously.
• Strong, proven performance diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Provide support and service transition training to infrastructure operations teams, local and offshore.
• Self-starter with an innate ability to adapt to change and motivated to champion the continuous improvement/continuous delivery
• Experience in managing complete infrastructure solution lifecycle
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of information processing principles and practices
• Good understanding and knowledge in core enterprise infrastructure
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws as relevant to IT compliance
• Analytical Skills (e.g., Using Sound Judgment, Problem Solving)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Lisa Young