Posting ID: JP-001970928
TEKsystems is Looking to add a highly motivated/skilled PC Support Technician to our team for a long-term contract. This role is second shift from 1:00-9:30PM .
Troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Verify the integrity of accessories and clean
- Configure equipment to customer specifications
- Install RAM, hard drives, video cards,
CD‐ROM's, and other peripherals
- Keep the tracking and inventory databases up
- Set, configure, and troubleshoot PC/laptop and
printers in a LAN environment
- Analyze, test and evaluate new products
- Maintain library of current BIOS, drivers and
patches for supported equipment
- Support remote access for laptop users and
maintain call tracking and inventory databases
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer
Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Basic ability to use personal computer and
- Basic knowledge of application, connectivity,
hardware, peripheral including printers and scanners, network monitoring tools,
and TCP/IP protocol
- Basic knowledge of new technology in the
Information Technology Field
- Basic knowledge in a variety of PC software
programs, remote tools
- Basic knowledge in the areas of SQL, WAN/LAN,
Telecommunications (T1s, Modems, Hubs, Routers, Frame relay) and AS400
- Basic knowledge of Security Administration
- Basic knowledge of interfaces
- Basic knowledge of MIS environment
- Basic knowledge of data and mobile device
1 to 2 years Computer Technician Service
experience w/desktop and networking applications
Daily Tasks Performed
•Troubleshoot and repair PC's, Laptops, Printers,
& Lineside equipment
•Keep tracking and Inventory systems up to date
•Field incoming help requests from end users in
a courteous manner.
•Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate
problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or programmer.
•Performing preventative maintenance, including
checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute
tasks in a high-pressure environment.
•Experience working in a team-oriented,
•Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
•Experience with desktop and server operating
•Extensive application support experience.
Unique Skill Sets Desired
Ability to conduct research into a wide range of
computing issues as required. Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Vincent Tassone
Phone: (614) 789-6240