Research Associate - 2 positions
Posting ID: 7307006
Aerotek Scientific is currently recruiting for a few Research Associates that will be responsible for the generation of key enabling reagents to support early discovery of small molecule therapeutics.
Salary - $50,000 - $70,000
Direct Hire/Permanent with full benefits
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry OR Bachelor's Degree and 1+ years of research/wet lab experience
- Experience with protein biochemistry
- Experience with Fluorescent Microscopy
- GPA Requirements: 3.0 for higher-end colleges General/Smaller Colleges: 3.8 or higher
- Will involve hands-on protein conjugation, purification and biochemical characterization for a variety of protein classes.
- Identifying optimal buffers for proteins is also key.
- Will not only prepare these reagents but also carry out cutting edge screening employing these reagents which the ideal candidates will carry out follow-up biochemical assays on identified hits.
- These positions will be working at a venture backed biotechnology company utilizing a novel spatially encoded screening and optimization platform to develop treatments for historically intractable causes of human disease.
Our platform is based on fluorescent imaging of ultra-dense microarrays such that we can measure billions of target/molecule interactions in a day, generating hundreds of millions of dose-response binding curves.
Given the company's size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a Protein Biochemist who is thoughtful and can partner with the broader organization to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short time frame. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
Part of the companies success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Our client supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Amy Nguyen
Phone: (714) 481-2114