Applications Engineer II
Posting ID: JP-001976561
This position is responsible for selecting and design couplings for critical applications by working with the Field Sales, Customers, and Pricing and Marketing teams to support the development of technical proposals. Ideal candidate is customer-focused with strong technical experience and commercial aptitude and interest. Contribute to competitor evaluations as well as various projects and key day-to-day jobs for the Couplings business.
- Coupling selection based on specifications & drawings from customers
- Design special components as needed for a coupling in accordance with sound engineering principles, department standards, procedures, practices and considering manufacturability and ease of use in the field for installation & maintenance
- Create general arrangement drawings
- Work with global teams such as sales, customer service, operations, engineering
- Investigate and solve technical problems arising in design/engineering, manufacturing and quality
- Perform failure analysis
- Visit customers to provide technical training and sales presentations to support customer development, for coupling installation or investigate failure analysis
- Learning products and processes
- Customer interaction
- The sales team will bring in business and this person will help with the technical analysis and solutions to help prepare a technical proposal for the customer.
Mechanical, Design, Mechanical design, Machine design, Engineering, customer service, customer support, analysis, customer interaction, technical drawing, proposals
Top Skills Details:
- BS Engineering; BSME strongly preferred
- 3-8 years of experience in an engineering department designing. Machine design strongly preferred.
- Able to review technical drawings.
- Able to have customer interaction daily.
- Able to prepare technical proposals for customers.
- Be able to learn on the fly
- Be able to independently work
- Be flexible with customers and work
- Experience in designing rotating equipment like Couplings, Pumps, or Turbines
- Experience in using industry standards such as AGMA, API, ANSI
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Seiple, Ashley