Residential Radio Technician
Posting ID: JP-002019651
Job Title: Residential Radio Installer
Location: Roanoke VA
Duration: 6 month contract
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the installation and/or servicing of CCTV, Intercom and Burglar Alarm systems in all facets. This experience includes installing and programming Bosch, GE, Honeywell (Ademco, Vista, Concord, Simon, etc.) panels and Lenel, Pelco, Samsung, etc. equipment. Previous experience can range from ~1 year to a veteran installer.
The first 1-2 weeks are training weeks. The timetable is determined by level of prior experience and our client's comfort level sending the TP our on their own. The first few weeks of training include 3-5 days of computer based/office training followed by riding along/shadowing an customer installer, then the Installer they are shadowing will let the TP do a few jobs on their own under supervision. Our client determines how long the candidate needs to train.
The Residential Service/Radio Technician is an service and troubleshooting expert.
The security systems are quick connect systems (one panel unit that connects to wireless sensors), run power wire for panel either through walls or to electrical outlet plug in, install and program key pads and various electronics in home or business to include cameras, motion sensors, door and window sensors, etc. Work with customer to insure equipment brought is the equipment ordered. Work with customer to determine best places to place equipment. Will be required to use drills and other tools to run cable and install equipment (Cameras, pads, door and window contacts, etc.) Test once complete and train customer on using product. It is imperative that this person takes his/her time and is careful not to damage the customer premise.
- Basic hand tools like hammer, screwdrivers, socket set
- Cordless Drill
- Smart phone
- Cable strippers
- 6 or 8 foot ladder
- Tape measure
-.Snips/or diagonal cutters
- Pliers (needle nose and channel locks)
Success in this role is measured by our customer's quality metrics which tracks the number of revisits to a home due to customer dissatisfaction or a faulty installation. You must be higher than 90% quality each month. Being below this mark two months in a row will lead to termination. The client would rather the installers take their time and do it right than rush to make the last appointment of the day and have potentially two substandard installs.
Top Skills Details:
Our client is in need of an individual to join their team as they are gearing up for their Radio Project. This is a large scale swap out where they are going to be completing 100,000 radio replacements in the Clarksburg/Elkins area.
1. Computer skills- knowing how the systems interface. Anything that has a familiar base to alarm systems, knowing how to swap out, install, etc. If the right candidate comes along that is a little green, they will be trained. A lot of the technical skills can be taught.
2. 6+ months of experience working with hardwired and wireless security systems on the residential or small commercial side
3. 6+ months of experience installing or servicing wireless alarm radios
4. 6+ months of experience installing electronics and knowledge of basic low voltage circuits
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Quality of work- The manager wants somebody who can think straight, problem solve and clean their mess up when they leave residential houses. They need to know how to conduct themselves on the job site.
*First preference would be someone with prior residential security/alarm service and installation experience.
*Second preference would be someone with prior commercial security/fire experience.
*Third preference would be prior residential cable/TV/phone installation experience with preferably some alarm install experience (i.e. Comcast xfinity home, AT&T Smart Home, Charter Spectrum/Brighthouse, or authorized sub contractors of these companies)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational/inventory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be presentable (aka well groomed)
- Must have own vehicle during contract period (large car, suv, van, or truck - anything that can carry at least a 6ft ladder, their tools, and supplies)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Nicholas Clay