Posting ID: JP-001977186
The Privacy Analyst’s primary role is to administer individual privacy requests sent to this company, with special focus on those that are high priority. Such requests require greater attention to detail and faster resolution times compared to standard DSARs. Further, the Privacy Analyst will play a key role in supporting the analyst team during the transition to a new case management system.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Research and respond to privacy requests sent to company for action
• Coordinate with database admin teams across the company to assure requests are fully addressed within the legally defined timelines, with special attention focused on those that are high priority
• Use Privacy Response tool(s) to document remediation actions taken
• Leverage more than 180 templates to craft legally approved communications; and continue to expand template catalog
• Document workflow changes as user requests evolve and data privacy ecosystem grows
• Identify improvements to optimize job performance
• Maintain existing case work in support of migration to new privacy response tooling
• Educate and share best practices with other team members to improve overall ability to respond to new requests
The Privacy Analyst is part of a global team who ensures that the company complies with personal privacy regulations, which define privacy rights for DSARs involving an external individual’s personal data. The Privacy Response team works on requests that require cross-functional engagement across 50+ internal teams to deliver consistency, maintain trust, and assure compliance. The team evaluates incoming privacy requests, identifies users’ information stored and processed by organizations across the company, communicates with requesting individuals to deliver a comprehensive response on behalf of the company.
privacy law, data analysis
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Awareness in privacy and privacy law (Desired)
• Certified information privacy professional through IAPP (Desired)
• DIA: data inventory assessments or PIA: privacy impact assessments (Desired)
• Case management in sales support, IT case management and legal all thrive because this is a transactional and public facing skills
• They have 185 templates to handle these cases but it's never one perfect template and need to combine 2-3 templates
• Able to work independently and capable of problem solving. More self-guided of trying to think through solutions
• Able to work well under time constraints in a professional manner
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Gramzay, McKenna