Medical Assistant (All levels of experience considered)
Posting ID: 7371907
Provides medical and office support services to Behavioral Health Medical Professionals (BHMP) and nurses within the clinical setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinates the delivery of integrated care services to members, in collaboration with clinical and other staff to address the member's needs.
* Performs integrated health care assessment and annual assessment updates.
* Assists in development, implementation and revision of integrated service plans; assures that services provided are specified in the integrated service plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals, crisis plans and coordinating of adult recovery teams.
* Assist and support members to follow through on prescribed medical interventions and diagnostic testing.
* Inform and educate members regarding the meaning and implications of test results and prescribed interventions, as per clinic protocol.
* Assesses and addresses barriers to health.
* Assists with initiation, researched, completes and faxes of communication documents as directed by BHMP or RN (i.e. Prior Authorizations, PCP Coordination and Disability Forms, etc.).
* Takes vital signs of members.
* Administers injections as directed/order by BHMP.
* Reviews and updates current medication list with any current non-psychiatric medications.
* Screen for any changes in medical diagnosis or medical medications since last appointment.
* Obtains charts from Medical Records and returns charts as needed.
* Obtains Urine Drug Screen samples from members, when appropriate.
* Returns phone messages from members, when asked to do so by the BHMP or RN.
* Reviews next day appointment charts to determine needed chart updates. Clips chart update forms to outside of chart for completion by BHMP.
* Performs various office duties, such as shredding documents, filing, and sorting mail, lab reports, faxes from pharmacies, etc.
* Provides case management, health promotion and other necessary services to support member recovery
* Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
* Assist and educates members with self-administration of medication (med boxes).
* Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Medical Assistant Certification/Diploma and experience working with persons in crisis is preferred
- One (1) year experience At least 1 year experience working in a clinical setting, skills in office duties, customer service, insurance and billing, and patient care.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bilingual (Spanish with English);
- Above average skills in language ability as well as public speaking and writing;
- Valid Arizona Driver License
3 Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general health and social services guidelines, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, health correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or patients, center staff, and the general public.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Cheyenne Toussau