Oracle Database Administrator with PeopleSoft
Posting ID: 7340892
TEKsystems is seeking a Oracle Database administrator in Indianapolis, IN area.
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Under direction, performs highly complex duties in the development, installation, configuration, maintenance, tuning and administration of PeopleSoft's enterprise-wide data management systems and software. Performs similar duties in the installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of operating system and other core software and support systems; serves as an expert technical advisor on complex data, applications and systems management and administration issues; and performs related duties as assigned. Contributes to the reliable and secure operation of the PeopleSoft system supported by an Oracle database. Installs, implements and supports PeopleSoft application software, acts as a primary technical resource for the enterprise applications and provides ongoing support, including software tuning, installing upgrades and fixes and maintaining software for 24/7 availability.
* Performs highly complex data management functions at an enterprise level; installs, integrates, upgrades and manages PeopleSoft database environments and structures;
* Monitors and evaluates PeopleSoft database environments to optimize performance; plans, organizes, tests and executes migration of databases from development and test to production environments;
* Installs and tests new releases, bundles and fixes; ensures data security protocols are maintained and backup/recovery processes are completed as scheduled.
* Performs PeopleSoft database administration functions for enterprise databases, including running database management utilities to backup, reorganize and restore databases and resolve production and operational problems;
* Monitors utilization and manages available database resources.
* Performs PeopleSoft data and systems architect duties; analyzes data resource and server capacity and forecasts growth requirements;
* Recommends server, hardware and RDBMS upgrades and enhancements to meet long-term needs; provides enterprise-level short- and long term planning advice on technical enterprise database and systems management and utilization issues;
* Promotes the effective sharing and utilization of common data across applications and departments/business units;
* Provides advanced technical support to PeopleSoft developers and users including advice and guidance on complex processes and system interdependencies;
* Troubleshoots operational and systems issues ranging from difficult to highly complex, including problems with multiple solutions and potential significant consequences;
* Works with other IT staff to develop and implement or recommend the implementation of appropriate solutions to complex problems
* Works in coordination and collaboration with other information technology staff as needed
* Performs other duties as required
* Principles, practices and techniques of information systems management, including applications design, hardware and software options for administrative and business functions and the cost-benefit of systems alternatives.
* Relational database theory, design rules and development practices.
* Data storage, warehousing and mining principles, methods and technology solutions.
* Database management systems and software, including architectures, diagnostic tools, commands and utilities.
* Tools and utilities used in monitoring and tuning database, applications and systems performance.
* Operating system architectures, characteristics, components and commands applicable to enterprise information systems and platform operating systems.
* Principles, practices and methods of systems/network administration and maintenance, including configuration, performance tuning and diagnostic tools.
* Principles, practices and methods of project management as they apply to information technology projects.
* Plan, organize, integrate and manage a broad range of complex data and systems management, upgrade, administration and maintenance activities.
* Establish and maintain project and production schedules and balance responsibilities for multiple activities to ensure timely, high-quality results.
* Identify information and technology management issues and opportunities, analyze complex problems and alternatives and develop sound conclusions and recommendations.
* Perform PeopleSoft database and systems troubleshooting and tuning to resolve complex data and systems management, communication and interoperating problems.
* Assess customer needs, set priorities and allocate resources to most effectively meet needs in a timely manner.
* Develop and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
* Understand and apply functional requirements to the development of systems proposals, specifications and recommendations for cost effective information systems and technology solutions.
* Communicate clearly and effectively to diverse audiences of technical and non-technical personnel, both orally and in writing.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Difficulty of Work:
Work is broad in scope requiring extensive judgment in adopting techniques to meet the information technology requirements, specifications, standards, and procedures of a complex enterprise wide system.
Work has a direct influence and impact on the agency's ability to successfully administer the business operation to achieve agency mission, policy, or practice.
Technical instruction is generally not needed; however employee may seek guidance when unique problems arise. Work is reviewed for adherence to deadlines and attainment of objectives
Personal Work Relationships:
Employee works with personnel from within and outside the agency, at all levels. Contacts are for the purpose of coordinating, problem solving, troubleshooting and analyzing in highly sensitive or disputed situations.
None greater than normal. Work is sedentary in nature.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: David Perez
Phone: (317) 810-7562