Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist
Posting ID: JP-002024461
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
1. Testing, includes but is not limited to:
- Performs routine and complex technical procedures on biological specimens.
- Performs tests accurately, promptly, and efficiently. Follows lab policies and procedures. Maintains cost-effective levels of supplies and reagents.
- Uses computer systems (LIS, network, etc.) effectively. Enters results of the analyses into the computer for storage and reporting.
- Operates, calibrates, cleans, and maintains equipment used in testing.
- Follows safety procedures.
- Recognizes and, if so assigned, corrects errors. Documents corrective action.
- Works independently and uses independent judgment, under general direction by the supervisor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of expected values, disease states, physiological conditions, interfering substances, specimen quality problems, and interdependency of tests. Uses this knowledge to interpret and confirm results, and to identify and resolve problems.
- As assigned, may check and approve the work of other technologists, technicians or lab assistants.
2. Quality Control, includes but is not limited to:
- Utilizes quality control criteria to ensure validity before reports are issued.
- Performs all quality procedures as required, such as proficiency testing, temperature control, reagent control, equipment calibrations and function verification tests. Dates and initials controls, calibrators, reagents and test kits when opened, put in use, or reconstituted.
- Completes appropriate QC documentation and records necessary for CAP and Joint Commission accreditation and CLIA licensure.
- May assist laboratory management in preparation for inspections.
- As assigned, may assist with establishing and monitoring quality control programs. Identifies questionable data and notifies supervisor immediately.
3. Problem-solving & troubleshooting, includes but is
not limited to:
- Proficiently remedies basic, intermediate, and complex instrument and procedural problems.
- Assists other MTs, technicians and lab assistants with problem-solving.
- Identifies causes of problems (technical and procedural as well as physiological), evaluates alternatives and determines solutions; if so assigned, implements identified solutions.
- Recognizes uncorrectable problems and contacts equipment vendor and supervisor in a timely manner.
4. Research & Development, includes but is not limited
- Develops new procedures; evaluates and modifies existing procedures.
- Collects and analyzes data; performs statistical analysis.
5. Training and leadership, includes but is not limited to:
- Trains new employees (demonstrates bench techniques for routine and complex procedures).
- Assists with training students completing their formal clinical internships. This includes delivering theoretical information as well as bench techniques. May assist with developing and evaluating the teaching/learning program.
- If so assigned, directs the work of lab assistants and technicians, acts as a resource, and provides input to the supervisor on staff performance.
Top Skills Details:
1) MUST be Medical Lab Scientist OR Medical Technologist
with a current ASCP certification
2) 1+ years of working experience in medical laboratory
Placement Type: 3 month contract (potential for
Day – 7am-3pm
Evening – 3pm- 11pm
Night - 7pm-3:30am
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Bradner Hill