Software Test Engineer
Posting ID: JP-001980852
AS A LEAD SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
• Provide technical leadership of a global engineering group that provides software test support for new embedded product development
• Develop test plans and test cases based on requirements and software quality assurance best practices
• Test the functionality of the applications including integration, regression and performance testing.
• Design, implement, manage and leverage infrastructure to support automated tests
• Analyze and document test results including collecting logs, writing defect reports and assigning defects for resolution
• Work closely with systems, software and electrical engineers to ensure the application meets all requirements.
• A team player, with strong written and communication skills
• Apply continuous improvement in the development and maintenance of test suites
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science from an engineering school. An ABET-accredited engineering degree is preferred.
• 6+ years of relevant experience
• Good communication skills and the ability to lead and develop a team
• Experience with firmware and software test, with a demonstrated track record of repeated success in assuring delivery of high-quality products and market success.
• Able to occasionally travel both internationally as well as domestically (estimated less than 10%)
• Legal authorization to work in the United States – sponsorship will not be provided for this position
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Visual Studio development environment
• Architecting, designing, implementing test systems
• Test planning, execution and reporting
• Embedded system applications (Micro-Controllers)
• Serial protocol interfaces: Modbus, CAN, SPI, SCI, IIC
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Blum, Hannah