Posting ID: 7301978
My client is currently seeking CMT Technicians to join their team in South Florida. The projects that the Technician will support are very large federal, state and municipal government jobs, including projects with the Army Corp of Engineers, South Florida Water Management District, Broward County, Palm Beach County, and FDOT.
Job duties include:
* Collecting samples and field testing of soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt.
* Tests performed include moisture density tests, slump testing, compressive strength testing, and collecting concrete cylinders, cores, and prisms.
* Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis.
* Accurate preparation of field reports, summarizing daily activities, observations, calculations, and results.
* Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor's representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results.
* 2 years of construction materials testing experience
* ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician- Grade 1 Certification
* CTQP Earthwork Level 1 Certification
* Nuclear Density Gauge Certification
* Additional CTQP Certifications in soils, concrete, and asphalt are desired/preferred.
* Able to read and understand construction drawings and specification.
* Fluent in English (oral/written)
* Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Ability to work independently
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Anthony Hawkins