Punch Press Operator
Posting ID: JP-002026034
1. Mechanical aptitude
2. Math & measurement skills
3. Ability to learn Prizer's processes (Attention to detail)
4. + Caliper experience
5. + Blueprint experience
6. + Sheet metal experience
7. + Tooling experience
1-1st shift press brake operator
1-2nd shift brake press operator
4 10 hour shifts (M-Th)
1st shift: 6am -3pm
2nd shift: 3pm to 11pm
Overtime as needed on Friday and some Saturdays
CNC (computer numeric controlled )punch press operators produce parts using a piece of equipment that makes precision cuts, grinds and punches into metal material
• Inspect machines to ensure they are working at full capacity and well-maintained and are stocked with needed materials.
• Ability to set up machines according to the blue print (i.e. control speed, material feed and path of the punch)
• Ability to change tools
• Ability to clean and sharpen tools (dies and punches) which includes cleaning out the stations of slugs.
• Inspect 1st sheet, as well as periodic checks, of finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production; which includes peeling paper back on all stainless steel parts.
• Follow all company rules and policies.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Communicate with coworkers and management effectively.
• Clean and maintain work area.
• Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
• Complete daily production logs.
• Other duties as assigned
press, punch press, brake, brake press, caliper, cnc, tooling, tool, measure, measurement, precision, blueprints, tolerances
Top Skills Details:
press, cnc, mechanical
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Experienced preferred, but will train on the job if no prior experience
• Good communication skills
• Must be detailed oriented
• Good analytical skills and mathematical skills
• Ability to read blueprints, calipers and tape measure
• Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
• Candidate has to be a strong team player.
• Candidate has to be reliable.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Joel Espinal
Phone: (610) 750-8384