Posting ID: 7341049
Laboratory Technician II in Molecular Biology will be responsible for performing nucleic acid based assays where proficiency in nucleic acid extraction methods and qPCR is required. Experience in a GMP and/or high throughput lab where day to day activities are heavily driven by meeting deadlines is preferred. Independent data analysis experience preferred. Experience with automation and LIMS systems a plus.
* Performs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines, and SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques for the lab group assigned to
* Performs laboratory support functions (e.g. inventory management and equipment calibration) to help ensure lab is operational; contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives
* Adheres to and understands the importance of Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures, including Good Documentation Practices
* Attend daily lab meeting on a regular basis and escalate issues/concerns at that forum to the supervisor for further investigation
* Performs revisions to existing documents (e.g. test methods and SOPs)
* Supports departmental initiatives to introduce automated solutions and optimized assays
* Demonstrates ability to analyze results according to specifications listed in test methods and ability to distinguish when criteria is not met
* Cross-training opportunities provided to train junior members of the team
* 1-2 years of industry experience with molecular biology techniques including qPCR and DNA/RNA Extraction
* Bachelors' degree with a major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major including lab courses involving work with nucleic acids.
* Experience in aseptic processing techniques a plus
* Experience in a GMP Environment a plus
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Krista Hoyle
Phone: (610) 232-5884