Posting ID: 7338604
The specimen processors will be receiving in the specimens that are delivered to the lab. They will input the patient/sample information into the system and take pictures of the samples that they accession. This is all done at a workstation in the lab with a PC and a bench-mounted camera that is linked into the PC and the LIMS system. Processors will also need to be able to enter data into the LIMS system off the paperwork and the sample label.
Specimen Processors DO NOT open the samples but they will be using PPE while handling the sample. Additional responsibilities include racking the samples and placing them in a specific area after accessioning to be taken to the technicians.
* Receive, identify, label, and process specimens as required for processing.
* Labeling of specimen containers, slide(s), and any other materials submitted by the client.
* Ability to handle all specimen types.
* Maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent.
* Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy.
* Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
* File Requisition Slips, glass slides, and paraffin blocks assisting Laboratory Aide(s) as needed.
* Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help workflow and efficiency.
* Candidates will be reading and entering data information that come from labels that were previously on specimen bags. They will handle sealed saliva samples and wear proper personal protective equipment and follow World Health Organization's guidelines.
High School Diploma
Strong Data entry skills (typing - no test required)
Willingness to process COVID-19 samples with proper PPE required
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Christopher Johnson