Posting ID: JP-001979735
Aerotek has an opening for a Project Engineer with a medical device company in the Northern, IL area!
We are seeking an individual with 3+ years of project engineering experience with a medical device company. If interested, or if you know of someone that might be interested, please apply to the posting below:
The primary objective of the position is product development from verification of the viability of products with market and customers through product transfer to production and launch. The position serves as Technical Lead for products ranging from material and product design, new product development, regulatory updates, and process improvements. The position plans, schedules and leads the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various materials, components, test methods, engineering techniques and procedures with minimal guidance.
- Work directly with OEM customer engineering teams to establish product design requirements and assure adherence to those requirements.
- Create and maintain part data and assembly BOM and MOM data in company’s ERP system (Epicor).
- Create component part drawings, assembly drawings, and solid models of parts and assemblies (Solid Works).
- Organize and maintain digital files.
- Release and revise documents and drawings through established engineering change control process.
- Project management
- Mechanical Design
- Design controls
- Project engineering
- Medical device
Top Skills Details:
- Design Control
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Product development and modification of Suction and Oxygen Therapy products through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices.
- Lead product development from concept through various stages of prototyping to final design by applying sound engineering principles including identification of product requirements, concept design and selection, prototyping, testing, etc. Responsible for material selection, part and product design, design verification, and design transfer to manufacturing.
- Interface with customers and suppliers on medical device design requirements.
- Work closely with internal functions (Sales, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Production and Purchasing) to provide technical expertise, develop design solutions, and introduce new products and product changes that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Design for manufacturability through collaboration with Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering. Assist with development of assembly work instructions and training of production personnel to ensure product design, performance and quality requirements are met.
- Effectively perform new product design verification and transfer working with Quality and Manufacturing engineering. Prepare and execute engineering studies, verification protocols and validation protocols. Generate technical documentation for design control files.
- Lead design improvements of existing products, ensuring compatibility to design requirements through appropriate verification testing.
- Work with Product Manager to develop and manage project schedules that include cross functional teams of technical support groups, to meet deliverables and commitments. Organize project plans and manage projects to completion by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving conflicts, and periodically reporting on project status to management.
All qualified candidates please apply immediately as interviews are currently taking place.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Wodzisz, Anthony