Posting ID: 7376828
We are looking for an entry-level engineer that would like to start a career in mechanical design. This is a full time position that we are looking to hire within the next month.
Mechanical Engineer will primarily utilize SolidWorks to design, develop, and improve a variety of machined and fabricated components and tools for manufacturing equipment. They will be involved in creating technical manuals designed to show how to assemble, adjust, and use hydraulic and pneumatic tooling.
The ideal candidate will be able to utilize their mechanical knowledge with the ability to listen to machinists, fabricators, and field technicians to give timely and accurate project support.
- Design new and update existing drawings for machined and assembled components and release to shop.
- Comply with existing drawing standards and methods established and assist to establish new standards when needed.
- Convert two dimensional drawings to accurate to-scale SolidWorks models, components, and assemblies.
- Collaborate within the Technical Services staff, Operations staff, outside suppliers and clients to generate a consensus on new design ideas.
- Develop accurate Bill of Materials.
- Interact with the Operations staff to details of design functionality to implement creative and practical design improvements to tooling.
- Create and update technical manuals utilized by technicians and clients to show how to assemble, adjust, and use hydraulic and pneumatic tooling.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or engineering related discipline
- Minimum of co-op/internship equaling one year of hands on manufacturing experience, preferably in fabrication or machine shop
- Must have experience with hands-on mechanical design projects in school, co-op, or internship utilizing SolidWorks as main CAD software
- Demonstrated technical document writing
- Tooling design background in SolidWorks
- Understanding of GD&T standards for fabrication and machining
- Working knowledge of ASME codes
- Knowledge of welding standards in code stamp shop
- Experience or involvement with rigging equipment design and rigging plans
- Experience using Microsoft Project.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Max Katelouzos