Posting ID: 7334390
Aerotek is looking for a mid-level Electrical Engineer that will help develop low cost, high performance, robust power supply designs for electricity, water and gas meters. All designs will be integrated in the product with on board controllers and RF transmitters and receivers and operate reliably in the presence of high voltage surges and transients in an outdoor environment.
* Develop off line switching supplies operating up to 480 V
* Develop low voltage DC-DC converters with various topologies
* Magnetics design including high frequency switching transformers and inductors
* Design very low current, long duration RTC hold up solutions
* Work closely with design engineers of differing expertise; including RF, firmware, mechanical and compliance, along with contract manufacturers, PCB fabricators and component suppliers to finalize and productize highly manufacturable, cost effective and reliable designs. The applicant should be comfortable with hands on testing and close collaboration with technicians and co-op students in an engineering lab environment.
* Mentor peers in your skills and competencies.
* Perform other related design activities as required.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
* A minimum of 2 years of power supply design experience
* 2+ years PCB layout experience using high frequency transmission lines
* Three to five years of experience in the development of efficient, high reliability, low cost power supply designs for high volume commercial products.
* A working knowledge of PCB fabrication process experience
* Proficiency working with PCB designers to develop effective multi-layer pcb power supply solutions that are both compatible and tolerant of the other circuits on the board.
* The use of high voltage design techniques - creepage and clearance requirements and high voltage transient mitigation
* RFI mitigation skills involving on board RF receivers and RF immunity from on board transmitters through circuit topologies and PCB layout techniques
* Experience satisfying power supply sequencing and timing requirements for embedded controllers
* Knowledge of relevant performance standards and statutory requirements - ANSI, IEC, FCC, and UL
* Project and team skills including scheduling, task planning, time and cost estimation
* Ability to develop comprehensive engineering test plans and procedures and manufacturing test plans (functional tests)
* Documentation skills including the effective organization and presentation of test data and the production of various engineering reports
* Skills to organize and present design reviews - conduct reviews of schematics, PCB designs and engineering test data with peers and managers and participate in reviews of work by peers.
* Effective team collaboration - interacting daily with RF, mechanical, electrical and firmware engineers and lab personnel.
* Provide guidance to technical personnel in the conduct of tests and data gathering
* Skilled using general engineering lab test equipment and in the use of a VNA to perform PS stability analysis.
* Proficiency with standard office software tools. Experience with Python script test automation is a plus.
* Excellent communications skills including the ability to effectively explain and discuss technical issues with non-EE engineers and non-technical employees both orally and in writing.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Benjamin Legath
Phone: (919) 379-8258