Posting ID: JP-001973832
Seeking a qualified superintendent for work on a federal project at Leavenworth Army Base.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience with computers related to communications.
• Able to read and understand complex contract specifications, documents and architectural/engineering drawings.
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and direct the corrective action response.
• Able to work with others within an integrated project delivery team environment to ensure contract requirements, project goals and objectives are met
• Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline oriented.
• Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and construction instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
Top Skills Details:
• 5+ years’ experience as a Construction Superintendent.
Specific past performance and references as a Project Superintendent on one or more Federal construction projects
• Proficient with scheduling software, and CAE and CAD applications.
• Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Leading and managing on-site construction personnel, including in-house and subcontractor trades foremen and tradesmen.
• Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
• Participating in weekly production meetings. Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
• Assisting the project team with the development of the project schedule and ensuring schedule compliance.
• Developing three-week look-ahead schedules and updating these weekly.
• Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
• Reviewing and becoming familiar with the project budget and ensuring adherence to field labor and material costs.
• Reviewing weekly labor cost reports and monthly material cost reports.
• Placing orders for materials and being responsible for equipment and materials delivered to the jobsite.
• Ensuring quality standards are met. Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
• Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness.
• Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regard to quality of work or scheduling.
• Maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, photo documentation of the work, field orders, and RFIs.
• Liaising with inspection authorities regarding inspections and approvals.
• Conduct preparatory meetings and oversee critical jobsite events, such as pier drilling, concrete placements, crane lifts, steel erection, and demolition operations.
• Inspect and maintain on-site facilities for safety items, including safety boards, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, hard hats, eye and ear protection, etc.
• Maintain on-site documentation and files for updated drawings, specifications, budgets, updated project schedules, subcontract agreements, large-purchase purchase orders, and contact lists.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: McLiney, Katherine