Sample Prep Technician
Posting ID: JP-001979573
Preparation of quality control and patient samples according to written protocols, as well as preparation of any reagents necessary for sample preparation. Knowledge of pipetting techniques in a clinical laboratory setting. Must be cognizant of the expectant turn around goals and strive to reach the goals with minimal error.
• Preparation of quality control and patient samples according to written protocols, as well as preparation of any reagents necessary for sample preparation.
• Sample preparation for confirmation batches
• Be responsible, if necessary, for the disposal of waste from sample preparation procedures.
• Documentation of internal chain of custody and maintaining aliquot integrity throughout sample preparation process.
• Assisting, as needed, to ensure that an acceptable turn-around time is achieved in all areas of the laboratory.
• Communicate to managerial staff any work-related incidents and personnel issues that may arise
• Be open to all changes within the continuously evolving department
• Safe handling of chemicals
• Follow any directives given by the supervisor or lead
laboratory, data entry, samples, sample preparation, quality control
Top Skills Details:
laboratory, Preparation of samples, knowledge of pipetting techniques
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
MLT with FL License
• Must have MLT with FL state license
• For licensed personnel, some knowledge of instrument operation, preferred Tecan/Biomek 4000
• Ability to maintain attention to detail with good organizational skills
• Knowledge of pipetting techniques in a clinical laboratory setting.
• Must be cognizant of the expectant turn around goals and strive to reach the goals with minimal error
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Zachary Bogoly