Posting ID: 7376041
Aerotek is currently looking for a Distribution Designer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. This position will provide distribution design for overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems from 4kV through 69kV.
- Design projects will include quality reviews of the design, monitor and maintain project schedules, report changes that affect the schedule and budget, identify risks that may affect schedule and costs, and presenting opportunities to improve the design and construction of distribution projects.
- Design overhead and/or underground distribution facilities.
- Prepare design sketches, drawings, cost estimates, bills of material and any other required documents for construction.
- Apply client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices, procedures and industry standards in preparing the design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
- Perform distribution system design calculations.
- Prepare and oversee preparation of design documents for construction, including plan and profiles, structure loadings, design details, trench and conduit drawings, and equipment specifications.
- Communicate with client and engineers on system requirements, identify Right of Way for proposed equipment.
- Acquire field data as necessary, work with field surveying to prepare appropriate design.
- Promote and perform quality reviews of design to ensure design quality, compliance with client design standards, safety requirements, and good industry practices
- Mentor less experienced designers
- Check and validate drawings for the project and the drawings of peers
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Parker Phillips
Phone: (817) 345-4929