IT Support Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002022985
The Technology Support Specialist II provides support to junior technology support staff, and through troubleshooting computer systems and software maintenance and repair and maintains networks and connectivity for users. Duties will also include supporting, training, and providing backup as tier 2 support to tier one: escalating and coordinating all tier three activities and managing technology infrastructure projects. Additional duties may also include supporting, managing, and developing our campaign digital workplace giving portal sites and platforms.
Tier 2 Support includes: Support of desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and other end-user devices. Support also includes handling break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software & hardware installations, and repairs, and other moderately to overly complex technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery and availability of technology services.
1. Responsible for integrations of user workstations, including MAC workstations with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Active Directory and Azure AD.
2. Provides support for junior technology support staff regarding system administration and usage.
3. Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot org-wide & network-based services: File, Print, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS/WINS.
4. Maintains, monitor, and troubleshoot Windows/Apple environment, not limited to software, hardware, and operating systems.
5. Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot org-wide messaging, VOIP telephony, and meeting systems.
6. Configure, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot windows and MAC software deployments.
7. Monitor, provide, and maintain documentation and procedures for backup processes and retention periods.
8. Provide and test backup and disaster recovery processes and procedures.
9. Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot cloud services: SharePoint, Exchange, OneDrive, Teams, Azure AD, Intune, Mobile Device Management
10. Provide Tier 2 support for end-users and technical staff.
11. Develop and provide training and technical documentation for Tech staff members.
12. Work with vendors in the research, development, and implementation of on-prem and cloud-based services.
13. Prepare and maintain written documentation, solution articles and process diagrams.
14. Work with vendors in the process of troubleshooting escalated incidents.
15. Work with vendors in implementing innovative technologies.
16. Maintaining accurate documentation of tickets, successful adherence prioritization of tickets and timely communication of updates, resolution, and post-resolution follow-up.
17. Accurate, timely and responsive management of incidents, problems, and changes.
18. Provide 24/7 support as needed.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Percentage of Time
80% Deskside, Application and Systems support
20% Infrastructure Vendor Project Coordination
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Highly self-motivated and directed.
2. Strong Organization Skills
3. Detailed Oriented
4. Technical Aptitude
5. Able to Maintain Confidentiality
6. Ethical Conduct
7. Accountable, Collaborative, Flexible, Nimble and Adaptable
8. Strong Time Management Skills
9. Communication Proficiency – Written & Verbal
10. Strong Analytical and Problem-solving Abilities
11. Effectively Prioritizes and Executes Tasks
12. Diversity and Inclusion.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: Interacts with team members at all levels of the organization.
• An associate degree in Information Technology or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, preferred.
• Four to six years of related work experience and/or training; CompTIA A+, Apple, HDI, ITIL, and/or Microsoft certification or equivalent combination of education and experience in a help desk or IT support setting.
• Four years Network Administration, required.
• Four years Server Administration, required.
• Advance aptitude in OS repairs, hardware, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
• Advance knowledge of Macintosh/Apple and Microsoft Products (Windows OS, Server OS, Office Suite), Azure AD, Intune, MDM, PCs, and Printers
• Knowledge of Antivirus software and other Cybersecurity Applications
• Knowledge of computers and methodology to operate computer systems and to troubleshoot major computer equipment malfunctions.
• Must be detailed oriented, accurate, and capable of working independently while maintaining a team player attitude.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little assistance.
• Must have interpersonal skills to assist and train others in computer systems and technologies.
• Excellent organizational skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
• Advance knowledge and ability to utilize various computer software programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies and architecture
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Azure services, 0365 services, and Exchange
• Working knowledge of Server and PC operating systems – Windows 2008 – 2012, PC and MAC operating systems.
• Strong working knowledge of monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Strong working knowledge of configuration and maintaining VMware and virtual environments.
• Have a working knowledge of IP Telephony.
• Working knowledge PC and MAC hardware and components including processors, motherboards, accessories, cards, and peripherals.
• Working knowledge of PC/MAC/LAN application software including word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail – Microsoft Suite
• Develop effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, and c-suite.
• Ability to interface with technical and non-technical staff to discuss technical issues pertaining to problems, purchases, or technical specifications.
• Working knowledge of video conferencing hardware and software support.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Occasional local travel to events within the regional area and nationally.
• Extended sitting and viewing of the computer monitor.
technical support, Break/ fix, Mac Support, customer service, active directory, Azure
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Top 3 Focus areas according to the manager:
• Mac support- They are a mostly Mac environment. Their CEO wanted a Mac, and they’ve slowly transitioned other team members to Macs as well. They must have experience and be comfortable with break/fix work with Macs, imaging, and troubleshooting operating systems (no particular version required)
• Exposure to an Azure environment- United Way is moving towards the Cloud, and they current have an MSP that provides all of their cloud support. They are eventually wanting to move that in house, and have this person take that on. They do not need to be an expert by any means, but exposure to being in a Cloud environment, Azure AD.
• Dynamic, entrepreneurial, resourceful personality. Will be working with vendors, as well as working directly with the CEO and high level individuals. Must have experience providing support up to the C-suite
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Tucker Smith